Make sure your school email is still open, you’ll need it in a further step!
- Go to https://fortis.instructure.com (using either Google Chrome or Firefox browsers)
- At the logon page, select “Forgot Password.”
- Type in your complete Fortis Email Address (ex: JohnSmith@my.fortis.edu)
- Click “Send.”
- You should get a green check mark at the top of the screen if your attempt was successful! (This process could take up to 30 minutes to complete.)
- Return to your student email in Office 365 and look for an email from Instructure.com. Within that email is a link that you should click on to open a new tab. (Be sure to check your junk mail folder.)
- The link should open Canvas up again to create your password. It must contain a capital letter, a lowercase letter, a number and a symbol – being at least 8 characters long. Type it twice, then click “Update Password.”
- Then you will be able to go back to the main screen and log in to Canvas!
- Please note, when you enter Canvas before the first day of class, there will not be any classes that populate on your Dashboard. Please wait until Monday morning, around 7:00am for your class(es) to appear!
If you have any trouble, consider submitting a help ticket through the Student Technology Link: