March 13, 2020
Here at Fortis College Cuyahoga Falls your health and safety are our top priorities. We pride ourselves on the safe learning environments we have created in our school. We would like to inform you of the steps we have taken in regards to the current COVID-19 public health issue we currently face.
1) All students and staff are advised to follow all the health protocols that have been laid out by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our state and local governments. As such, require that student and staff stay home if they experience any illness or flu like symptoms.
2) We require that any student or staff member that travels to China, South Korea, Iran, Japan or Europe, or who have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to those areas, or who have had any contact with a suspected COVID-19 infected individual, report this to us prior to coming to campus. We will then make individual assessments as to when they may come on campus.
3) We have arranged for additional sanitization of our schools, including additional daily sanitizing of all high-touch areas such as door handles, phones, remote controls, light switches and bathroom fixtures, as well as all horizontal surfaces such as countertops, classroom tables and desktops.
4) We ask that upon arriving at our school, all students and staff immediately sanitize their hands and refrain from handshaking, hugs or other forms of close contact.
5) We have developed methods for infected or quarantined students to be able to continue their coursework from home. In order for us to be able to provide training to infected or quarantined students it is critical that they remain in close contact and communication with us.
6) In order to ensure that we remain in close communication with our students it is critical that students have activated your student portal, and that we have all students most up to date contact information including email addresses, phone numbers and addresses. Please see the Registrar, Sharon Keiper, or email her at email@example.com, to update any of this contact information or if you need assistance in accessing the student portal.
7) As this is a fluid situation, we will continue to monitor the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html, as well as state and local information at https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home. As always, we will follow the specific guidance that our local health departments and agencies provide us.