Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Make sure you have access to your Fortis email before registering your Canvas account.
- In your browser, go to fortis.instructure.com
- Click Forgot Password
- Enter your Fortis email address, then click Request Password **The email address is important for the sending the authentication email**
- A confirmation box should appear at the top of your window. Follow the instructions provided.
- Go to your Fortis email inbox and look for a confirmation email from Instructure Canvas with subject line Forgot Password: Canvas. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not see the confirmation in your inbox!
- In the body of the email, select the link Click Here to set a new password.
- In the new browser window, enter your new password. The password must contain at least 8 characters. Record your password in a secure location. Enter your password again in the Confirm New Password filed, then click Update Password.
- You will automatically be returned to the login page. Enter your Fortis email and new password, then click Log In to access your courses.
For detailed information, see the Canvas Quick Start Guide for Students from Fortis's Student Technology and Resource Center!
Having issues? Call the Canvas Support Hotline at 1-410-617-9453 or reach out the LRC Manager for assistance with your password!